Welcome to Performance Unlimited BLOG
Topics of interest are entered almost weekly.
Changing your Wonder Lake car, truck or SUV’s engine oil on schedule is a great New Year’s resolution
Jan 04, 2018 12:31 PM
How about making a New Years Resolution to change your car, truck or SUV’s oil on schedule in 2018? This is a resolution that will pay dividends in the short term and the long haul.
A commitment to stay on top of your Wonder Lake car, truck or SUV’s oil changes makes all the sense in the world. It’s an inexpensive maintenance service that protects your car, truck or SUV’s engine, durability and resale value. There’s really no downside to this resolution.
Changing the engine oil in your car, truck or SUV performs miracles. If you don’t think so, try running your engine without engine oil (please, don’t – you will definitely ruin the engine).
Engine oil is absolutely essential to your engine’s operation. Considering, it’s not surprising that it’s so important to regularly change your car, truck or SUV’s engine oil.
What does engine oil do that’s so important?
- It lubricates the engine so that moving parts don’t scratch and gouge the heck out of each other while moving.
- Reducing the friction reduces the heat that friction would create. At the same time, the engine oil carries some of the heat away.
- Running through the oil filter, it removes fibers, dirt, and particles that would damage engine parts.
- It ensures that the engine is running at its optimal performance, which translates to more power and better gas mileage.
- It protects the engine thereby extending its life and increasing the car, truck or SUV’s resale value.
At one time, they used to say that you should change your car, truck or SUV’s engine oil every 3,000 miles or every three months. Nowadays, they may tell you to change your oil every 5,000 miles (you should check your Owner’s Manual for your car, truck or SUV’s particular requirements).
Whatever is recommended for your Wonder Lake car, truck or SUV, you will probably change the engine oil no more than four or five times each year. That makes changing the engine oil one of the most cost-effective insurance policies you can purchase for your vehicle.